by Alona Goldberg
Navigation - Table of Contents
- 🔍 Intro
- 👀 Research & Analysis
- 🖍 The Main Problems
- 🙌 Users Needs & Desire:
- 🚀 Business Goals:
- 🎯 How Might We:
- ✅ The Solution
- ✌️ New Onboarding process
- ✌️✌️New Design for the main screen + advisors gallery
- ✌️✌️✌️New Filtering System
- ✌️✌️✌️✌️New Design for the Experts' Profile
- 🎨 Styles & Components
- 🎉 Implemented Solutions 🎉
In the following case study, I'll present suggested improvements to the app Anyone.
Anyone functions as a marketplace for five-minute phone calls, helping people get better advice from experts worldwide.
Once receiving an overview of the product by the Co-founder of Anyone, I focused on the segment of individuals seeking career advice.
I worked on this project during Memorisely UX/UI Design Bootcamp.
👀 Research & Analysis
- Usability Review
- Questions & Observations
- Survey (20 ppl)
- User Flow
Initially, I began the case study by conducting a usability review and creating a user flow chart. This helped me assess the user's current experience and better understand the pain points users might experience while using the app.
User Flow - Finding advisors:
🖍 The Main Problems
Users struggle to navigate through the app and find what they are looking for:
- Users are presented with random topics of interest
- The app offers limited filtering functionality
- Experts' profiles are lacking information and proof of credibility; confusing rating system
- The availability of the experts is unknown to the users before making the call
🙌 Users Needs & Desire:
- Gaining valuable knowledge; receiving actionable answers to their questions
- Ability to trust the experts
- Having a positive interaction with the experts
- Accessibility to reach out to an expert when they need to
- Saving time
🚀 Business Goals:
- Increase users engagement
- Improve users retention
🎯 How Might We:
How might we make it easier for the users to find the most relevant information and build trust in advisors' credibility?
✅ The Solution
- Presenting content based on personal interests by introducing a new onboarding process. Giving the users more control over their experience and featuring content that appeals to them
- Adding a Home screen. The Home screen will function as a personal feed, with suggestions based on user's interests and preferences. Whereas the Explore screen will keep its functionality; the opportunity to explore new interests, such as popular and trading topics
- Additional filtering options. User can modify their search based on interests, price, availability, reviews, and location
- Adjusting experts' cards and profiles; providing helpful information for the users to decide who's the right advisor for them
✌️ New Onboarding process
Introducing a new onboarding process; will enable users to control their experience and feature content that appeals to them.
New user flow - Onboarding:
✌️✌️New Design for the main screen + advisors gallery
Introducing a new home screen; The Home screen will function as a personal feed, featuring suggestions and advisors gallery based on user's interests and preferences. In comparison, the Explore screen will keep its functionality, the opportunity to explore new interests, such as popular and trading topics.
New user flow - Finding advisors:
✌️✌️✌️New Filtering System
Introducing new filtering options; Users can modify their search based on interests, price, availability, reviews, and location.
✌️✌️✌️✌️New Design for the Experts' Profile
Adding helpful information to the experts' cards and profiles, such as biography and reviews. Helping and making it easier for the users to choose with confidence who's the right advisor for them.
Adding a 'Save for later' button; Users can save profiles they liked in a private advisors gallery.
🎨 Styles & Components
🎉 Implemented Solutions 🎉
Implemented solution: Now, users can see the availability of the experts.
Implemented solution: Now, users have more filtering options, making it easier to modify their search.
Implemented solution: Now, users have social proof of the experts with verified profile badge, biography, LinkedIn, Instagram account, and other users' reviews.
Giving users a better means of searching and providing relevant information regarding the experts and social proofs; will help users find the right advisor quicker and with more confidence. As a result, it can help to increase engagement, retention, and overall adoption of the app.